Boy
Boy asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Did I damage my weed eater? ?

So the starting process starts like this

You prime the weed eater by pressing this clear pump 10 times that is clear and shows the blue gasoline inside of it.

Then you turn the lever to full throttle and pull the handle 4 times.

Then you move the lever up to choke and then pull the handle 1 more time and it starts the motor, then you pull the lever up to run.

When the engine was off but still hot i would try to start it again under ‘run’ the handle would pull but not smoothly this time 

I said ‘full throttle’ but I meant to say full choke.

I also said ‘choke but I meant to say ‘half choke’The settings are like thisRunHalf chokeFull choke 

And the instructions are like this

Prime bulb x10

Switch to full choke, and pull the choke 4 times, 

Switch to half choke, pull the choke 1 time, the engine should start

Switch to run 

I just feel like weed shouldnt be eaten. But to each their own. 🤷🏾‍♀️

The Weed Eater is ok but you now have Tennis Elbow. 

Hard to follow instructions when you're dyslexic, isn't it ?!?

When it is cold, pump the bulb six or seven times, move the lever to choke. Hold the trigger and pull the cord. When it fires up move the lever to Run. Once it is hot, do nothing but pull the cord to start it again.

From cold, this is what works:

Press the primer bulb until it stiffens. This indicates that the carb is full, It may take more than 10 pumps, it may take less.  Either way, the point is to fill the carb.Give it full choke and pull the cord. As soon as it fires ease the choke off.If it doesn't fire after several pulls, ease the choke off and try again. If it still doesn't fire take the choke off completely and give it a little throttle.

Time to buy a weed wacker that is not too complicated to start.

You are doing is all wrong. Pull the choke, pump the primer bulb 4 times, pull the start rope and it should fire. If not pull again. Once it fires slowly move the choke to off. This is how my Echo works and it may be slightly different for what you have, but pushing the primer 10 times is way too much unless the bulb has a crack in it. If that's the case you need to replace the primer bulb.