Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 month ago

Is it dangerous to take my 1 week old baby in public?

Obviously, I'm not gonna let anyone touch, kiss, etc my baby. I'm at this point where I would love to show off my baby and be a loving father. What do y'all think?

• Edna
    2 days ago

If your baby is only one week old, don't take him out in public in order to show him off. If you want to show him off, let the public come to YOU. I'm surprised that, after one week of taking care of a newborn baby, you still have enough energy left to want to have to go anywhere. 

Source(s): I

You want to show off your baby? they're a human being, NOT a handbag!.

That's entirely up to you. My son is 12 weeks old now and we took him out to lunch with family at 2-3 weeks old. People had something to say,  passive aggressively,  about it. 🤷‍♀️

Considering there were 50,000 new confirmed cases of coronavirus in the past day here in the US, yes I'd say it's dangerous to take a little baby (who has no real immunity or developed immune system) out in public. Of course you want to show the baby off, but just post pics on social media. It's way safer right now. 

Most people dont take their baby out in public until after the first 6 weeks.