Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 month ago

Will getting him used to being in his crib at night help him be able to sleep better?

My 15 month old is used to sleeping with me ever since he was a few months old. He's gotten so used to it that when he falls asleep on my shoulder and I bring him upstairs, he'll cry right away when I put him in his crib. Sometimes he'll stay in his crib but wake up an hour or so later. If I put him in bed with me after he cries, he'll fall asleep almost instantly. Starting yesterday, I started putting him in his crib the whole night. Yesterday I got lucky because he slept through the night without waking up once in his crib. From day to day I just don't know if he's going to sleep through the night or not. But if I keep putting him back in his crib after he wakes up, will that get him used to only being in his crib and that he'll start sleeping through the night?

• sarah

He will get used to sleeping in his crib. I had the same issue with my daughter; she coslept with me and her daddy from the time she was two months old to about 10 months old. The first week or so was rough, but now, she actually prefers her own bed. We used to snuggle her to sleep before we took her to our bed...yeah, she won't even let us do that anymore, lol. She'll fidget until she gets taken to her crib, and then, she's gone for the night.

If the baby got used to sleeping beside you then it is certain that when you try to put him in his crib, he will wake up multiple times throughout the night and cry out for you. But that is normal. Like the saying goes, It will get worse before it gets better.... but it does get better. Keep putting him in his crib and hopefully, after one week, he will have gotten used to it.