Why do women think it's ok to lie to men about their sexual past to trick those men into a sexual relationship?

That they otherwise wouldn't consent to

(rape by fraud in other words - lying to violate sexual consent)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I've never met one that would lie about that, most of them are proud of their life experiences. But I guess it could be said that if a guy places huge emphasis on something that's almost universally considered anecdotal he's kind of a rube anyway. Few confident women would even bother with such a guy, let alone take the time to lie to him. It's hard to see the benefit in that as the "prize" is just some holier-than-thou, judgmental man. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

For the same reason men lie about the status of their sexual health (not telling partners they are positive for HIV, herpes, and other incurable diseases), marriage status, number of past and present sex partners, and everything else. Their target will think badly of them and/or not have sex with them if they knew the truth. Anyone with a brain could figure this out.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There is no obligation for anyone to reveal their past to their current partner. If their past poses potential health problems to their current partner (for example an STD, HIV, etc) then they have a moral duty to do so. But nobody is bound to reveal their exact number of partners or any specific sexual acts they've performed. 

However, I agree that it's morally wrong if a woman tricked a man into marriage by pretending to be a virgin when she's not. But some people, men and women, are not guided by a moral compass. 

• liz
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

For the same reason men would do it. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Adults must make decisions with the understanding that people aren’t always honest.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.