What happened to my social security check this month where do they go?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Don't know. I got mine.

• Judith
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most people have direct deposit and their checks are deposited into their checking accounts.  Some have direct express cards.  Some receive paper checks which can be lost or stolen.

Also, most people receive their SS benefits on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th Wednesday of the month depending upon their day of birth.  SSI benefits, which aren't social security, are due on the 1st of the month.

Those people who usually receive their SS benefits on the 3rd (SSI is somehow involved or they signed up before 1997) should have received their July 3rd payment on Thursday, July 2nd.  When the 1st (for SSI) or the 3rd (for SS) falls on a weekend or a national holiday the benefit is paid the first workday before.

If you have direct deposit or a direct express card, call 1-800-772-1213; they will be able to help you immediately.  If you receive a paper check you must wait six days; they don't follow-up on a non-receipt for paper checks until then because of mailing time.

If you aren't due a benefit for some reason you would have received a written notice in the mail telling you why.  SS is required by law to send out a 10 day advance warning anytime a benefit will be reduced, suspended or terminated.  That is why you are required by law to keep SS up-to-date with your residence address.

I was a SS claims rep for 32 yrs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.