Why is it these days it is a disgrace to be a virgin?

Seventy years ago it was a scandal if you weren't until you were well into your 20s. People now seem so anxious to lose it.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

If you're asking for yourself, I suggest you to mix in different circles. Virginity is something precious and not to be 'given away'  You can lose your virginity only once - do it when it means something!

• 1 month ago

Remaining or not remaining  a Virgin is freedom of choice. Therefore, choose what is  best for YOU. Critics be damned it's not their life. I'd say people find it weird because it is rare anymore. That, and everyone knows that your first time is a let  down. Putting  SO much importance on it is often psychologically  damaging. Not to mention it  as  is the case with overly religious people, it can stunt your maturity/growth. The short answer? JUST.DO.YOU.

• 1 month ago

IT is not a disgrace, it is only that in some rather low class circles it seems to the the custom to no be a virgin by mid teens.

• 1 month ago

Part of the new culture of intersectionality is a great deal of tolerance for and encouragement of acts of degeneracy.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Actually it is a disgrace not to be a virgin, if you are not married. This called fornication, which is a violation of God's will.

• rick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Seventy years ago, I was 13. I was in my first year of middle school. If you were a virgin, you would receive plenty of ridicule. We had a lot of pregnant 13 year olds in seventh grade.

• 1 month ago

I DO NOT THINK SO DEAR...RELAX..

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It isn't.

Those who claim it is are either trying to manipulate you, or people who (were) stopped being one too early and envy you

• 1 month ago

No.  It's a scandal if you only associate with tarts.

• Da
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

This is not true in all countries 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.