Why is it these days it is a disgrace to be a virgin?

Seventy years ago it was a scandal if you weren't until you were well into your 20s. People now seem so anxious to lose it.

Favorite Answer

If you're asking for yourself, I suggest you to mix in different circles. Virginity is something precious and not to be 'given away'  You can lose your virginity only once - do it when it means something!

Remaining or not remaining  a Virgin is freedom of choice. Therefore, choose what is  best for YOU. Critics be damned it's not their life. I'd say people find it weird because it is rare anymore. That, and everyone knows that your first time is a let  down. Putting  SO much importance on it is often psychologically  damaging. Not to mention it  as  is the case with overly religious people, it can stunt your maturity/growth. The short answer? JUST.DO.YOU.

IT is not a disgrace, it is only that in some rather low class circles it seems to the the custom to no be a virgin by mid teens.

Part of the new culture of intersectionality is a great deal of tolerance for and encouragement of acts of degeneracy.

• Paul

Actually it is a disgrace not to be a virgin, if you are not married. This called fornication, which is a violation of God's will.

• rick

Seventy years ago, I was 13. I was in my first year of middle school. If you were a virgin, you would receive plenty of ridicule. We had a lot of pregnant 13 year olds in seventh grade.

I DO NOT THINK SO DEAR...RELAX..

• Zirp

It isn't.

Those who claim it is are either trying to manipulate you, or people who (were) stopped being one too early and envy you

No.  It's a scandal if you only associate with tarts.

• Da

This is not true in all countries