I have a 2003 jeep liberty with no tail lights?

• M.

Ok. 

I had that once. 

It was because I removed my instrument panel dimmer control.  Silly Ford Ranger. 

When you turn on your headlights, and your taillights do not come on, are your front running lights on? 

Check the taillight fuse first.  If it blew, now you need to find the reason, because fuses don't blow because they are tired.  Do you have trailer lighting wired to your vehicle?

You need to get a wiring diagram so you can trace the circuit with a voltmeter or a 12 volt test light. 

You check first to see what is missing.  +12 volts or ground. 

The +12 volts goes through the headlight switch and a fuse and some wiring and some wiring harness connectors. 

The ground goes through some wiring and some wiring harness connectors. 

Check whether your city library or nearby junior college library has an online subscription to Alldata.com 

Look up your exact vehicle and print out your lighting circuit.  Use it as a roadmap and find the place that has the OPEN CIRCUIT. 

-General automotive mechanic since 1972

Check the bulbs first. 

Replace the bulbs.

• CB

BS, the tail lights were stock and required in 2003.  If you have a question by ALL MEANS ask it!

• John

Trade up to a 2020 Jeep Wrangler.

• Scott

BS. A vehicle that new has tail lights.