Has Venice, Los Angeles,CA, USA always been so skank?

--Homeless woman with boobs showing trying to follow me into my apartment

-- Homeless guy walking around with nothing but a blank on and no shoes

-- Homeless guy tried to follow my female tenant into her apartment. Her door was locked so he came into my apartment

--Rich guy fighting with homeless guy and throwing hot coffee on him

--my window Glass pane broken by someone who threw a rock at It

--got back from running errands and homeless guy was sleeping in my driveway complete with bedding

-- firecrackers being set off at 2am in the morning, waking everyone up. 

--Trash and homeless encampments all over the streets

And yet people have the nerve to talk about South Central Los Angeles.  Venice-Los Angeles is ghetto as ----

You will see such things in many California beach communities

In my lifetime (I am almost 40), yes.  I was scared to go there as a kid.  It has always been a place full of homeless and druggies.  I do not know about a time before the 80s, but it has certainly been an awful place for a long time.  Go to Manhattan Beach (for a clean, pristine beach) or Redondo Beach (for beach side entertainment and shopping) instead.  They are a ten minute drive south along PCH.

• Foofa

Actually it used to be a lot skankier. Watch any movie with "Dogtown" in the title and you'll see that what Venice Beach is now is a highly gentrified version of what used to be there. 

I grew up in Los Angeles County and lived there for 61 years. To answer your question, Venice didn't use to be the way it is now, and its pathetic what's happened not only to Venice Beach, but to California in general. I now live out in the country in the upper Midwest, and I love it.

• mokrie

Sadly Venice USED to be the top place to be and was a piece of heaven. Liberal politics has created the dump it's becoming just the same way the liberal mayor allowed CHAZ to form with violence, death and filth.