Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

What do you do when you notice a person is always bored/not interested when you talk?

You talk too much or jump around from subject to subject

Once I notice, I make my ultimate point quickly, relate it back to whatever was said that made me tell a boring story in the first place and then shift the focus by asking a related question of someone else.

Sometimes I just make a joke and say "TMI, sorry!!!" and the person just laughs 

• Raja

It is possible the person concerned may be having other issues to think about. When that is the case the best thing to do is to leave him alone and mind your own business.If you continue to talk to him he might get the feeling that you are a pain in his neck.Just say see you later and leave him.

• Alan H

Either find more interesting topics......or talk with someone else

• P.L.

I usually stop mid-sentence to see how they react. Some just don't notice which means they were totally switched off when I was speaking, others suddenly snap back into reality and say, sorry, I just missed that last thing you said.  I usually then follow up with "Oh don't worry, it wasn't all that interesting anyway."  There's no point in embarrassing someone more that they are already.

I usually change the subject, but I would like to try addressing the problem with who I talk to. This might work for you. I hoped this helped good luck :)

There's a guy I go to church with who's like that--always straining to get away.  We are neighbors, though, so I see him constantly.

I just smile, say "Hi, great to see you" and keep walking.  I'm sure he likes it that way.

Stop talking......

They maybe worrying about something they don't want to share with you.

Stop talking to them.