Why is Netflix so successful when it's so rubbish?

32 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Netflix is the contrary to piracy. They have purchased license to stream movies and tv series without the qualms of hiding in piracy.

Netflix is not rubbish. They have decent movies and tv series that people watch.

If you think Netflix is rubbish, then you have been left off of time.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

netflix was so successful when customers like me can borrow movies without leaving my house.   They deliver the movies (like buying one) and they keep your CC.  So if you dont send them back, they can always charge you.   Smart move when blockbuster was a rent movie shop.  

I have no idea if their online movie is successful (it requires a high speed internet and not everyone has it especially people who lives in the middle of nowhere).    But their renting method works....

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ur cognitive analysing skills r rubbish

• 1 month ago

It sure beats me my friend.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Because a lot of people like rubbish?

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

fun fact.  blockbuster had a chance to buy netflix.  but decided against it when they thought streaming services wouldn't take off.  but that was before it was an online streaming service, and only a dvd mailing service.  

• 1 month ago

One word: convenience.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Cheap rubbish is always successful....

• 1 month ago

Netflix was the first major company to embrace streaming.  It was THE go-to place for streaming, but Hollywood was slow to recognize the value of streaming and contractually most of the best content was not and is STILL not available on streaming.

Netflix recognized early that once Hollywood realized streaming's value, they would ALL want their own services.  So it began investing in content creation.  It spent RIDICULOUS amounts of money to try to create it's own content since it was inevitable that third party content would be increasingly hard to get.

Netflix was right about all of that.  Unfortunately, it was so eager to create content that it greenlit just about ANY script that came it's way.  A normal TV channel has finite air.  A movie studio can only release so many movies to theaters.  That means they have to select the cream of the crop (in their flawed opinion).  Netflix didn't have that limitation, so it bankrolled a lot of REALLY bad content.

But it's not all bad.  Santa Clarita Diet and Orange is the New Black and Ozark and Stranger Things are legitimately good content.  There is some quality there.  It's just that there's a lot of REALLY bad stuff mixed in.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It’s popular because it was the first streaming service to be cheaper than cable or satellite, even if it is rubbish.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.