Is there a chance I will get fired from my current job if I mention my past supervisor as a reference?

My past supervisor is the one who fired me from his company because he was one of the people who chose to believe in a lie I posted about myself back in 2016. My current employer now got me to fill out some paperwork regarding superannuation, banking details, citizenship status and a whole lot of other things. They now want me to provide some references from my previous company.

I feel like my current employer is going to sack me as soon as this supervisor tells them the reason why I was sacked in the first place.

My past supervisor sacked me because he thought I was a pedophile based on some lie I posted about myself all the way back in 2016. I shouldn't even have to be sacked from my previous job. 

Favorite Answer

Anything is possible.  If you need a reference, then you need a reference.  Not giving that reference could also get you fired.