heard a pow! then my car just shut down,what could it possibly be?

An engine running out of fuel will sometimes backfire. And a timing belt snapping will sometimes cause the engine to make a noise.

When you hear noises that kill the engine, expect bad news.  A fan belt could snap and hit the top of the hood with a bang but the engine will still run.

A tow truck is needed and a mechanic has to assess the damage whatever it is. Not knowing the car makes no difference here(there is 10,000 different makes , models, years, of cars so you GOT TO BE SPECIFIC.

In this case, not so much. You ffucked up something bad.

You got zapped?

Sounds like the engine threw a rod. 

• Scott

No way to know from your vague description.

• Da

I'm sorry to hear this. The most likely cause is that the "POW" was caused by you hitting Kung Pow Chicken. There must have been a Chinese restaurant near by, when you it it. This happen a lot this time of year and you're not alone. I had this happen to me 10s of times when I lived next to a Sichuan restaurant.

Vous moteur et mort.