Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

If your best friend was marrying your ex, would you go to the wedding?

Would you agree to be best man?

If the friend was the reason for the break up then no because no true friend does that. since you use that word I assume that this is someone you care about and someone who you knew was dating this ex, so if the friendship continued after that, then skipping now comes across as either being hung up on the ex still or being jealous of your friend. So go with your new love and wish them well, if you are unattached, go anyways and be there for your friend is he is a true friend.

• Foofa

That would depend on how tough the breakup was and whether we'd remained friends afterwards. 

• Trish

No.  What do I care if we are no longer together.

• Edwena

No.  It is best to put absence and space between you and them.  

• boj

Its my best fried and an "EX". I wouldnt care care who ex gets hooked up with you shouldnt either. Yes i would go if invited.

I wouldn't count on being so chummy with an ex that I'd be invited.

This isn't a yes or no question, because it depends on so many variables, none of which you mentioned.  There's a big difference between your ex dumping you, breaking your heart and you never got over it vs a friendly separation after a short and not serious relationship.

no

also, i would have cut contact when they first started dating. wouldn't even know about the wedding

Well, are you okay with their relationship? It also depends on the relationship you are in with your best friend and ex. If so, then you should attend. Things like this have happened. Sometimes you just have to make a choice. 

Yes