I want to move out but I have no job and I’m on benefits? ?

I’m 26 and single. Could I move into a house and get money or into a room? 


Sorry guys I was being silly. 

6 Answers

  • 1 month ago

    Speak to your local council to see what, if anything, you'd be eligible for with regards to housing benefit.

    Or; get a job.

  • 1 month ago

    Nobody is going to rent to you without a job.  Most landlords require that you have held your job for at least a full year.  Some landlords only require 6 months.  Lucky you have benefits - at least you are eating.

    Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    of course not 

  • Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    you might find someone to rent you a room.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    What country are you in?

    In the UK, a small number of landlords accept DSS. However, the problem you are going to have is that you need the money to get moved in, as you can only claim for your rent once you are living there.  

    There is also an upper limit as to how much rent you can claim and at 26 you can only claim the going rate for a room in a shared house, not for a place to yourself. 

    You are free to move into a more expensive place, but you will have to fund the difference in cost yourself.

  • Damien
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    well no, most people wont give u a place to rent if u dont have a job.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.