do citizens kill more policemen, then policemen killing citizens?

• Edna

About 1000 civilians were killed by police, from January 1, 2019 through January 1, 2020. So far this year, here have been 169 police killed by civilians, from January 2020 to July 2020. 

I don't have an opinion, but you could research the answer if you wanted to.  However, I do have a couple of opinions on the subject.  First, policemen are being over taught to shoot first and ask questions later.  The very reason for TASER weapons is to not shoot or kill, but to gain the upper hand.  Too many cases where police could have shot a leg or arm instead of a kill-shot.  Too many excuse themselves by saying they fear for their lives, when in reality there were more officers shooting as many shoots at one person to ensure he dies--and that is a fact.  So my opinion is that WE THE PEOPLE are also fearing the police, and yes, we will need to shoot first, too.  It is a two-way-street.  I respect the police, but some of them have no respect for the public.  It is my opinion, policemen need to be taught to respect citizens, have patience, try to work out things before the policeman is out of control, demanding you do this or that when it just is not needed.  We, THE PEOPLE, do not and should not have to give up our rights by police that attack.  On the other hand, I will never verbally attack a policeman, I know to follow orders is better than the hand cuff, being slammed to the ground, surrounded by 5 or more ready, willing, and able to hurt you into submission.  Let the lawyer go after them at the Police Commission, start by complying. And finally I offer this: To your Policemen, what do you think will happen when people fearing you or your approach shoots you because of your same excuse, that we feared for our life?

NO and the word you want is THAN not THEN.

I doubt if citizens kill more policeman that the other way around. Just about every call a policeman answers is almost like walking into an ambush!

• Piero

In San Diego, since 1913  33 cops died on duty. Most of those were in traffic accidents. In the last 20 years San Diego cops killed 217 citizens. 39% were white 38% were Latino, and 14% were black. Nine were white women one was a black woman.

• RP

While I don't have data, I suspect citizens do not kill more police officers than the other way around.

Not even close. Police have low death rates compared to most occupations.

Citizens have killed far more than Police!  Yet some police seem to want to catch up! Odd are the ones doing the killing are criminal or police,  are Atheists! Just look in the jails at all the Atheists/criminals there.

Atheists are not for God; so they cannot feel and appreciate any of God's real LOVE! They are limited to feeling each of their own LUST for only each of their own wants!  Greatly limiting themselves! 

With God comes honesty, LOVE, and more with prayers! 

• ?

U.S. DOJ report shows that 40% of officer deaths are related to domestic violence calls.

Law enforcement officers put their lives on the line every time they are called to duty. It is especially true when they respond to domestic situations. Several studies confirm it is one of the most dangerous calls they will ever answer.

police almost never get killed because they always bring a bunch more officers than needed to protect their paranoid selves