Why do so many British bands record in other countries?

I assume it has something to do with taxes, but I couldn't find a definitive answer when I researched it.

To avoid taxes, and the availability of a wider array of "party favors" of all kinds.

• snafu

Any chance for a holiday and a laugh. It’s not as if we don’t have the recording studios!  Plus the feeling that the band is there to record and remain focused.  Domestic issues, bills etc are left behind.

Yes it was taxes. Way back in the 60s and 70s taxes were real high for people with high income, up to 90% in 1965 and it was 83% in 1979. The Beatles found out after they got rich and they wrote the song Taxman in response. A new business tax was added in the 1960s also so there was double taxation on many bands. 

• Chad

Links please. 

Im really funny about people just pulling fake information out of their asszes.