Pink Glasses asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

How to stop other people's dogs from sniffing my crotch?

Often when I go to someone's house and they have a dog, the dog aggressively sniffs my crotch and its extremely embarrassing, especially since I'm a woman. How do I stop them from doing this? FYI: My crotch does not smell bad but it makes it seem that way when the dog always puts his face in there!

Edit: A lot of time dogs will start jumping on me and getting my clothes dirty with their paws and claws and the owner just reacts by saying that hes just excited and saying hello but its extremely obnoxious but obviously I don't want to kick the dog off or hurt him. How do I go about that as well?

problem 1.  buy some femfresh and some soap give the muff a buff

problem 2  have a make over.. the dog is attracted to your looks.. try and look more human

dogs like to smell new things so change your diet so your piss come and sh*t smells exactly like the owners

Get over it, it is just the canine way to find out who you are.  That is just part of canine behavior that lots of people get offended by.  They sniff each others butts cause each & every dog smells different because of their anal glands.  They don't know that you don't have anal glands.  It is the common thing in greeting each other & people too.  Nothing to be embarrassed about.

You are mistaking the aggressive part.  Curiosity is why they sniff, not aggression. 

• "How to stop other people's dogs from sniffing my crotch?"

Your choices are:

🤦‍♀️1: 🦮Don't accept invitations to dog-owners' homes unless you are SURE that you WON'T be having your period that whole week. In which case, see 2.

🚿2: 🥻Before visiting those people have a long shower, deodorise your crotch/crutch, put on totally fresh clothing. If you don't mind the smell of dog repellent, spray that on your undies - but that's probably TOO drastic!

💃3: 👨‍👩‍👧Invite those people to YOUR place without their dog. Plead Cynophobia, if they need a reason.

💃4: 🏃‍♀️Undergo sex-change surgery + hormone treatment.

• "Often when I go to someone's house and they have a dog, the dog aggressively sniffs my crotch and its extremely embarrassing, especially since I'm a woman. How do I stop them from doing this? FYI: My crotch does not smell bad but it makes it seem that way when the dog always puts his face in there!"

Dogs don't do it because it smells BAD - they do it because it smells of SEX pheromones. The sex pheromones of all mammals smell enough like each other to be attractive to almost all other mammals. Dogs are close to being the world's champions when it comes to detecting minute amounts of scents. But according to: https://animals.mom.me/creature-sense-smell-3339.h... Black Bears are tops, being able to detect food smells from 18 miles away! Grizzlies and Polar Bears' abilities might also astound you.

• "Updated 12 hours ago: Edit: A lot of time dogs will start jumping on me and getting my clothes dirty with their paws and claws and the owner just reacts by saying that hes just excited and saying hello but its extremely obnoxious but obviously I don't want to kick the dog off or hurt him. How do I go about that as well?"

Obviously THOSE people aren't fit to be dog owners. Being a dog owner requires one to start house-training the day you get it, and for inexperienced owners requires a year of coaching in a weekly dog-training class.

So, of the choices I was able to present, only the 3rd works to avoid your problem AT THEIR HOUSE, although the 4th MIGHT work, if you're tired of being female.

Kreaky Kiwi - first pup in 1950, GSD trainer & breeder as of Easter 1968

Stop carrying food items in your pocket ... they will sense that .... especially things like beef jerky ......If you have a dog at home , be sure to feed and water it before leaving for extended periods of time .

The only people who would think it means that you smell bad are uneducated people

You gently but firmly push the dog's nose away from your crotch.  If that doesn't work ask the owner of the dog to deal with it.