I'm not allowed to discuss books on here because apparently that's considered "bragging"?

I talked about the books I read and the most common response was "so what I've read that by the time I was 16" like it's a competition or something. And they accused me of bragging and that I have self-esteem issues because apparently they think they're psychologists also and are qualified to give me a diagnosis based off of one question. I'm confused, can someone please enlighten me as to what I said wrong?

I'm done here, because it's negative and you guys are just boring. Heaven forbid I can't talk about a book I've read. 

Favorite Answer

You could just blow off the dimmer bulbs as being just that  :)

You spoke of your books generally... they replied generally.

Nobody said you have to like every answer my friend.   

Agreed, too many judge the questions or authors instead of simply answering, i see that often on YA.

You didn't talk about a book you read. You  listed half a dozen books you had read and asked what we thought about the fact that you had read them.

Most of us thought it was pretty boring of you to tell us that. We ALL read, but we don't post lists of the books we've read unless we have something specific to say ABOUT them.

• The violation is chat.

EDIT: Goodbye! And don't let the book cover hit you in the *** on the way out of here!

You're not allowed to discuss books here because this isn't a discussion site.  This is a question and answer site.  The goal is for you to ask knowledge-seeking questions of general interest to all.  If you want to discuss your reading, start a blog.

And yes, most people have read the books you cite in high school.  Reading them is completely normal.  

The question you link was not about you asking about books it was about trying to brag.

Grow up.

Update. Asking about books would be fine, but bragging is childish and silly. Shows you are reading books for the wrong reasons.

Discussion is one thing, bragging is another, you are trying to show off. Silly little boy. I doubt you have even read them.

The literature world is filled with people with massive ego's.