What are the animation quality  changes between FMA and FMA brotherhood?

So I just started watching FMA again to complete it but I fail to see what is so good about the animation in FMA BH despite having more fast and fluid scenes. 

Does it have to do with HD signals?

What ever it is. Let me know in the comments below.

The first series has a bunch of filler in the first 30 episodes, probably almost half of the episodes. Also yeah it’s in hd 16:9, which is when the screen is longer in the middle, instead of original in sd 4:3, which is like a box, and the fights are a lot better especially towards the end when there’s a lot of exciting fights. Also Brotherhood is the author’s story while original is the anime making up its own version of the story after 30 or so episodes so yeah I prefer Brotherhood. 

FMABH seems to be a more complete series and it's version of father is better. I do however kinda prefer FMA's version of wrath. The twist of sloth technically being Edward and Al's mom in brotherhood was a great twist though