Should I upgrade my Dell Inspiron 1520?

I want to start vlogging and have a Dell Inspiron 1520.  Is it worth upgraded a 10+ yo laptop?

Favorite Answer

Not really. Especially since it wasn't particularly good to begin with. It supports a maximum of 4 GB of RAM, and shipped with 2 GB, so maxing that out wouldn't do much for any sort of video editing. You could replace the hard drive with an SSD, but it's only a SATA I device, so most of the extra speed of a SATA III device will be absent. There's no way to upgrade the video card, so all video encoding / decoding will have to be done by the CPU. The CPU could potentially be upgraded, but without a patched BIOS, you'd be limited to other processors that use the same microcode, which would get you basically nothing in added performance.

I have dell inspiron 1520, I have upgrade ram,  battery.

No. But you should try the Triple Classic at Wendy's. Instaboner

• VP

No, tech has passed that baby by...

The Dell Inspiron 1520 will not upgrade to Windows 10 and have the graphics board function properly the Dell 1525 actually will. that being said the maximum memory that you can put in that thing is 4 gigs of RAM that's barely enough to get Windows 10 to function but that doesn't mean that you can't put Linux mint on it and have it function because it will. Try Linux mint on it you might be quite happy with what you see.