Do animals have fetishes?

related, could you train a dog to have a fetish?

Favorite Answer

Other species of animal than human do indeed have fetishes.  There's a case of a baboon who developed a fetish for his zookeeper's boots.  And you could train a dog to have a fetish but it would involve masturbating the dog, so it would be both disgusting and unethical.

• Sky

As a fetish is defined as something that's not automatically sexual which an individual needs to use sexually in order to achieve sexual satisfaction and usually climax, I don't know that any nonhuman animals ever do have fetishes.  But at the same time, I don't know that it couldn't happen, such as a dog who will only ever hump the bed pillow but will never hump, get aroused, or ejaculate with any other object or live participant.  Or maybe a monkey who will only have sex with a mating partner if other monkeys are around and watching.  I suppose it's possible but personally I've never heard of it.  (Doing a quick internet search finds articles that say studies into rat sexuality reveals nonhuman animals can have fetishes, but I have to question whether it was an actual fetish or just mental conditioning.)

Yes and yes. I saw a chimp rape a frog. I'll believe anything in nature.