Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

What do you think of consumerism ???

• martin

Consumerism implies that people are purchasing too many goods and services.  It's the opposite of what's happening today with the difficulties in opening up the economy again for business.

Our whole economy is based on consumers spending themselves deeply into debt.  I think that's wrong, but at least it's VOLUNTARY.  People CHOOSE to go into debt, and if most people didn't, the economy would go down the tubes or have to be restructured.

I never had much debt, and none now.  Even the house is paid off.  I've never laid awake at night wondering how I was going to make the mortgage payment, or wondering how I was going to pay down my credit cards when all I could pay was the minimum every month.

But if everyone was like me, our economy would collapse!  Or it would have to be restructured, and it would end up looking very different.