yahoo asked in SportsCycling · 1 month ago

What 'm' size bolt to mount a Fox Float trunnion mount mtb shock?

The shock is a Fox Float 165 x 42.5 Trunnion Mount. I need the size bolts/screws (M8, M10?) for the two top 'trunnion' bolt mounts.

or, where I can find some real trunnion mount screws, I havent found any, except one at chain reaction for a Vitus bike.

Is the screw beside of the missing one the same size?  If it is, about any hardware store should have a replacement that'll fit.  Just take that screw to a hardware store or a reputable bicycle shop.  If the other screw isn't the same size you could take the whole shock to a hardware store or a reputable bicycle shop for a replacement screw.  

You not only have to have the correct screw diameter but must also have the correct tread count.

Source(s): Motorized Bicycle Owner and Builder.

to answer my own question, im going to put millimeter lines on tiny pieces of paper in a half circle to determine the correct size. I emailed Fox too, but did not recieve a response. 

Also, its yahoo answers, im supposed to ask questions like this. Why else is it here...and, you didnt answer anything. just saying. 

That's way beyond the knowledge of anyone here.  Tried a bicycle shop?  Quit looking online only.