What can I do to make money during COVID?

I’m a full-time graduate student, so with my summer courses and with no one hiring because of COVID I cannot get a job. I’m struggling to pay my bills. I’m not sure what to do or who I can ask for help. Please, no mean comments. Please, let me know any suggestions. Thank you in advance.

I have been trying to sell things online.

A lot depends on how strict your state is, because it's not necessarily true that nobody is hiring.  In my state, restaurants and bars are open, and this can be a fun way to earn money.  I (female) was a bartender in a sports bar in grad school.  It wasn't even like going to work!

In  most cases, selling things online sounds good until you try it.  My roomie tried this about 3 years ago, and got nowhere.

I'm not sure what to tell you.  Is it mandatory you go to grad school full time?  I only went one semester full time, and then went to part time.  What is  your living situation and can this be changed to something cheaper?  It's just hard to say, but if you're about to be bankrupt, I'd look at that full time schedule first.

• Maxi

Depends on your skills/abilities..... you could go and sign on with employment agencies who will find you temp employment, take what you can get as if you are flexible and keen to work they will make sure once one job finishes they will have another for you

You are right, not many normal full time jobs are available. 

I was in the same situation, desperate in need of a job to pay my mortgage, insurance, and buy groceries. 

Check out emergency covid-19 jobs on sites like Indeed.com.  The work is temporary or contract based, and likely customer facing, but if you don’t mind wearing a mask and gloves the pay is generally pretty good.  Of course, experience is preferred but not required and any training needed will be paid at your full hourly rate.

Emergency covid jobs get filled fast!  Don’t wait for your savings or unemployment to run out before you find something or you may end up on the streets like millions of others.

Good luck!