What are the reasons for hearing more than my voice in audio playback?

Over the years I have recorded numerous videos over multiple different devices such as phones, computers, etc. And as I review them, sometimes during the audio playback when I speak, it sounds as if a second voice is speaking with me, but in a completely different tone/key. I'm sure there is some type of technical reason explaining it.. But I also believe in spirits, and it sounds eerily similar to those horror movies you see when the spirit speaks through the person and you hear multiple vocals speaking indicating that are multiple voices being used. As I said, it's probably nothing. But I've seen thousands of videos of other people, and have never heard this anomaly. So why is it only present during my audio recordings that I've recorded among numerous different devices? Is there a technical explanation for this?

• Lv 7
    Favorite Answer

you are using a cheap microphone, with noise cancelling, which is bad. better to edit your audio after the fact yhan to filter out before.

Reverberation (echoing), my friend.

Mono recording plus 'room ambiance' creates this 'echo effect'   This is why recording studios have all that stuff on the walls, to keep this from happening. You might try using an audio diffuser or a stereo mic.