hola asked in TravelUnited StatesNew Orleans · 3 months ago

Can I go to New Orleans in a few weeks?

Hi I’m planning to go to New Orleans in a few weeks. I just don’t know if things are ok over right now cause of the Covid. Does anyone know if tourism is ok in New Orleans right now? 

Now is not a good time to travel to New Orleans. Six of the last 7 days have seen over 1000 new cases a day in Louisiana.

3rd Edit:  The Governor has extended Phase 2 until August 28th.  

Edit:  Phase 3 has been delayed until August 7th and the Democrat Mayor of New Orleans has ordered a return to Phase on for the City.  All bars are closed. 

Edit regarding the answer from Karen L    The CCP virus is not the Back Death and you are not at risk of death or even becoming really sick if you are healthy. 

The Governor has extended Phase 2 until August 3rd.  I recommend waiting until the state is in Phase 3.  If you do visit in the meantime then things will be mostly normal but expect to have to wear a mask.  

You can, but I think you'd be nuts to do it. 74 new hospitalizations in the last 2 days. And that's only the people sick enough to need to be in hospital.