katie asked in HealthMental Health · 1 month ago

What can I do to help motivate me?

I’m severely depressed and currently having CBT, I was on low intensity and now they are putting me up to high intensity, I’m also suffering with severe anxiety and panic attacks, I’ve always suffered but since late last year all of it has gone through the roof, I need to learn my theory for driving I don’t have a job and I need to go back to college but I’ve been through two hip operations I’m 25 and had my first one at 21 I was bed bound for 6 years, literally couldn’t get out of bed and was in a wheelchair, I’m now up and running but still suffering with great pain because my knee has suffered under the pressure, I got severely ill last year and list 8 stone in 3 months, which in one way was good because I was just over 18 stone but now I feel incredibly weak and I’m constantly lethargic! With all of that combined how do I get the motivation to get up and get on with my life! I’m trying so hard but I just sit and watch tv or sit on my phone, I’ve tried a lot of different things to get me motivated but my brain is just not computing! I’m literally having a fight in my head! I want to get up and get on with life but also I don’t I just want to sit here and do nothing!

Hi, some of your great answers haven’t  been able to show up here, only in my notifications  I heard it’s something to do with the answers being reported 🤷🏻‍♀️JENNA you answered my question and I found it to be the best answer I’ve  gotten including from my therapists, I hope you can try and rewrite it as I want to award you the favourite answer! Luckily I was able to see it in my notifications and saw what you said and found that brilliant! No ones suggested that before. I hope you see this.

Favorite Answer

This is chronic fatigue-perhaps you are sad and down which makes you feel less productive.https://mangoclinic.com/an-ultimate-guide-towards-... You are getting physically ill because mental fitness must be present. The brain regulates the physical and you must not ignore mental health. 

Do not fight in the head because it will cause conflict and even more issues. Do you like medication? If not then go to herbal or check options like acupuncture

Leaving this sh*thole of a town always helps motivate me.  I perk right up immediately every single time.

Set goals. ...

Choose goals that interest you. ...

Find things that interest you within goals that don't. ...

Make your goal public. ...

Plot your progress. ...

Break up your goal. ...

Use rewards. ...

Don't do it alone.

• Alfred

young lady, with your kind permission, you're young enough  to be my daughter , to begin with.

let's say: beyond enough for  your words here  to shake and thrill my heart and soul....

you're clearly  and severely traumatized and depressed and it's clear enough why.

and even though that's the way it is...

I must  tell you  how proud I am of your being '' a fighter''...  yes.

you're young- and you definitely, clearly can - and have to rebuild your life...yes

I want you and ask you to NEVER  give up... to  NEVER  break down.... to NEVER  lose your self - esteem  nor your self- confidence...yes....

I want  you to NEVER  forget the lofty  example of that, once, years ago., 17 years-old girl, who, years ago, one icy Winter  morning , on her way to school, was bluntly injured by a train...both her legs were cut-off...above her knees...

she survived, she got married, she is the mother  of two...

and she keeps swimming  and practicing wall- climbing...yes...

she represented her country, twice, in the Paralympic Games... 

true story...

Respectfully, I have to say that I find your question difficult because there are no many problems and I'm inclined to think that you should talk with your therapist to help you prioritize. I've written many mental health answers, with advice from experts about every one of the problems you mention here, but I hesitate to go into detail about any one of them because I don't know what your best starting point is. Of course, you're welcome to click on my name and read. You should be able to find something useful.

Find something you love doing. Maybe a hobby or something that will help build motivation? If you love doing something it won’t feel like such a drag. 

I suggest reading the New Testament.  Start with the Gospel of John.   Lots of answers about life in  the Bible. Look up Philippians 4:6-8 regarding anxiety.  Pray for God's will and direction in your life.  Ask Jesus Christ into your life as Lord and Savior.  He helped me through a bad patch many years ago and has blessed me a lot since then.  I recommend Him to you.  He is a faithful friend.