Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Do you ever feel like not going to restaurants because your food taste better ?

My friends get mad at me because I literally never like to go out to eat anymore my food always taste so much better ever since I learned how to cook. Going out to eat isn’t really a luxury anymore. Getting groceries and cooking is a luxury now. Restaurants are bland to me now. The only restaurant I go to is a catfish restaurant because I still haven’t mastered frying shrimp and fish at home 

I agree with you, whole heartedly.

Love covidcooking!

We have some great restaurants in my area. However, the cost is pretty high to dine out, especially when ordering wine and or a before dinner cocktail for two. That bill twists me, as I can buy a wek''s worth of food with that money.

We do dine out (well, used to, pre covid), but I would rather stay home and cook. Part of cooking at home, at least for me, is a dining table with linens and I get to use my vast collection of dishes. Heavenly!

I often feel like not going to restaurants, but not because of my cooking!

These days it's not for dine in though.

I know I i can cook better than most restaurants in town but I still went out before the virus, every week to take my son to a movie and dinner. Now I am sheltering at home. 

• John

Anybody who says they cook as "good" as restaurants so they don't need to eat out doesn't know anywhere near as much about food as they think they do. Yes, you can make lamb but I doubt you can make Greek lamb like a Greek does. Yes, you can make duck (well, I doubt it....) but I doubt you can make Peking duck like our Chinese place has. And it just goes on and on. Food is infinitely variable.

My club does a Great roast Lamb and 5 vegetables for $10 au  about $7

People with cooking skills prefer home cooking over restaurant food, with the exception of particular foods that may be more of a hassle to prep at home, like fried fish, etc. 

• kswck2

A few years ago i went to (what turned out to be a bush league) culinary school, not for a 2nd career, rather just to get a piece of paper to validate my own, long practiced skills. And although I did do my time in the restaurant industry and discovering how much food in a restaurant IS frozen and reheated, after a while I refused to do that. So i just cook at home, knowing full well I make better and do not go to restaurants anymore.  And my wife is fine with it too. 

No I don't feel that way because we normally only go to restaurants where the food is better than what we get at home.

• Yes I feel the same, if it was up to me I would never eat out, $$$ out of pocket and always dissapointed.  My partner loves eating out and thinks it worth it just to have a break from dishes.  I can cook and we have a dishwasher.  Really don't get it.