Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Uneasy gut feeling around uncle?

So I was at my grandmas apartment with my mom to help her pack since she’s moving soon and her deadbeat son aka my uncle was there and wasn’t helping us pack at all, but he came into the room my mom and I were packing and asked if I would help him take some things to his car and for some reason I instantly got a bad gut feeling. I wanted to say no but didn’t wanna seem rude so I helped him, and I couldn’t help but think on the walk to the car, “what if something bad happens to me?” But alas nothing happened but as I walked back to the apartment my hands were shaking and I was still scared. I’m not really sure what to think of this, but I’m 16 if that makes a difference.

i wouldnt worry about it if he didnt do anything

• Tj

If you ever feel uncomfortable, do not be alone with this person. That goes for anyone you are with.

Well always trust your gut feeling. Since he hasn't done anything to you (What i mean by that is he hasn't touched you, or said anything to you to make you jump to conclusions) it is still important to keep a distance. Maybe even mention it to your mom, like say "I don't like being alone with uncle blank" . just so she can also be aware of the situation. Stay safe, and remember if anything happens don't let it go far enough for him to actually hurt you. You must take action immediately if he does anything out of the ordinary.