Anonymous

Is it offensive to call someone an Arab?

I mean someone whose parents are from iran. What is the difference between an iranian and an arab? 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

>*<,>*<

It has a negative vibe about it & hås 

bėėn that way since bigoted Xťîån's 

stårted hating on 'm after the 9/II aťťåck,

cughz !!!!

,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

if they aren' t arabs, yes.  Arabs are people who have Arabic as native language. Most Iranians (" persians" ) speak Farsi

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Turkish, Pakistanis and Iranians are not Arabs 

Sadly for them

• 1 month ago

Not really.....

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Nope.................

• 1 month ago

Persians (the people from Iran) are NOT Arabs; in fact, they don't  much even get along with Arabs.  They are different people for sure.  Differences are similar to how the Japanese, and Chinese are different.

• Craig
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Offense is in the eye of the beholder.  A Swiss man might be offended if asked if he's German.  A Russian might dislike being mistaken for a Pole.  A Greek would likely take offense to being called a Bulgarian.  Or they might not.  It's a personal thing that you can't predict or say is justified or unjustified - it just is. 

Persians, who make up the majority in Iran, are Aryan (speaking an Indo-European language), which is where the word "Iran" comes from in the first place.  (Ar-yan=Ir-an).  Hence, they are not Semitic, which is the group and language family that true Arabs belong to.

• 1 month ago

Are Americans part of Mexico? Are Germans Russian? So why are Iranians Arabs? Their language, religion, history and culture are not the same.

• 1 month ago

Most Iranians are Persians, not Arabs.

IMHO (I'm not an "expert" on this) they may not like to called Arabs. 

In the same way, (and this I do know as I've been told by many Berbers) Berbers are not and do not like to be called Arabs.

• Peter
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I assume that only folk from Arabia are Arabs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.