What kind of gas stations are safest for a Toyota Corolla 2017?

My mother told me that not all gas station fuel is safe for my car

I live in the USA

Favorite Answer

You don't tell us where you live so we can't really say.  In the United States - all stations required  for years to have rustproof fiberglass tanks which eliminate most contamination.  All gas in any area comes from the same refinery and brand-specific additives dumped-in when tanks are filled . . . . . . . very rare for any kind of "bad gas" and it's the result of equipment failure or human error - not brand.

As far as brand-specific additives, I find that Shell products give the best results.

All gas stations are the same.

Mommy is as nuts as you are.

• Scott

Personally, I only put top tier gasoline in my car. Ex: Chevron, Shell, QT, Texaco, but NEVER Arco.

Your mother is mis-informed and her statement makes no sense whatsoever. Gas stations are regulated and must pass safety inspections regularly.

Many years ago there was such a thing as "bad gas". Now gas is regulated and checked thoroughly. Any gas should be fine as long as you use the octane called for in your owners manual.