Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 month ago

Does anyone think it should be illegal to lay people off?

Then our economy would always be prosperous and people would always have money to spend

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It should be if you haven't violated any company rules

• 1 month ago

Your employer can only lay you off or put you on short-time working if your contract specifically says they can. If it’s not mentioned in your contract, they can’t do it.

• 1 month ago

No.  Companies would almost never hire anyone if they knew that they would never be able to lay off anyone.  And when they did need to lay off someone and couldn't, the company would go bankrupt, and then go out of business, and all their workers would lose their jobs, instead of just the person that they needed to lay off.

Our economy would not be prosperous, and people would never have money to spend.

• 1 month ago

What should be illegal in the USA, is that the employer wants 2 weeks notice, but they can fire you on the spot. Where are any kind of workers rights in this country? Where do you live anyway? Every country is different.

For the so called "best country on Earth", this country has barely done anything for the working population. Any employer can do what they want. No workers rights, demanded by government. Is this the so called freedom we are talking about here?

If somebody stole something or beat someone up on the job, i would understand why you would not want them around, but a certain respect for your workers, mandated by government to give them also 2 weeks after you tell them to go, would be the least you can do, for someone that worked for you.

There are so many issues that would have to be fixed, and I never even hear anyone ever mentioning it. I just don't get it. Since i live hear (16 years), they are still fighting about the same shiat they fought about then. Nothing has changed. Could anyone explain to me what these politicians are paid for?

When you watch the news, it always the same "problems". It seems as if no one brings up other things that need to be fixed, no one will ever even think about it.

Look at what happened with this covid scenario. Here we lost our jobs, now we have to look for another job, or go back to the old one, when our crappy employer who was crying they were broke (they weren't. they just don't want to pay you), couldn't even give you a percentage of what you usually make.

A decent country has these things regulated by government. This place is a disaster to say the least. Even my car-insurance person told me she doesn't have health care. These insurance companies make trillions, but they pay their people minimum wage, and no benefits. I just wish people would wake up. This is not normal, just because you are used to it. IT IS NOT NORMAL

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

And prices would rise when businesses can lay off people they don't need. You might want to do some studying on how economics works.

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Companies can't be prosperous when business slows down and keep the same payroll.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

And what happens when th employer runs out of money?  Duh.

• 1 month ago

Study the evidence. E.g. France has long been absolutely stagnant since it is nearly impossible to layoff any employee, even those who are incompetent or redundant due to technological or business changes. It's very difficult for any French person to get a salaried job - they work on contract, etc, if they can work at all. Your crazy notion pretty much guarantees shrinkage of any job market. No jobs for practically anybody.

• 1 month ago

No, that would be stupid.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

NFucking troll.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.