Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 1 month ago

Does every hospital offer a walking epidural?

I’ve been trying to read up on everything I can about it and I’ve looked into the hospital that I want to go to, but I haven’t seen anything about it? Even searched it up in their search bar.. nothing. 

• sarah

I'm assuming they don't. I was never informed about it at the hospital I gave birth at, nor have I ever heard any other mother I know talk about it.

But seriously, don't be scared of the epidural. You won't be able to get up and walk around, but you won't be stuck just being stiff as a board in bed, either. You'll be able to move your legs, it'll just happen slowly. To me, it kind of felt like I had been sitting on them for a long time and they had just fallen asleep.

• L

I just look this up, on the internet, and it's the same as a normal epidural except in a small dose so the patient can still move around.  When you're a female and getting ready to give birth - the last thing you want to do is move or walk around.......you just want the pain to go away and give birth.

• Orla

Ask your doctor, he'll know or find out easily.