Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 1 month ago

Is it worth buying an iMac with 2 years of use?

iMac 5k I7 - 4.2 - 32gb Ram - Radeon Pro 580 8gb - 2tb Ssd

For professional use it will stay on almost all day.

Favorite Answer

Over a year ago I bought my 2011 iMac that was well used, I believe.  Still great, I use it for all the time.

But you should be cautious as to condition.  Many were dropped, or suffered heat damage.  See if you can get any kind of warranty or ability to send it back if not in top shape.

The inside of an iMac is like a large laptop, much is crammed together, fans are weak, it could overheat if left on for many hours.  I cool mine with a 5VDC fan box plugged into its USB port.  A simple duct from the top vent slot to the fan box out of cardboard taped to the back is used.  I buy the $15 USB exhaust fan boxes from China that you can find on line at many places.  I use them on laptops and iMacs.

• David

Mac's are never worth it.

• ?

It's not worth buying a Mac period

That seems a pretty good specification, if the overall condition and price are OK.

They are generally very reliable; I've only recently stopped using a 2007 one & passed it on to a young relative, it's still perfect.

That would depend on the price, who owned it and how well it has been taken care of.

- and if you want a Crapple.