Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 month ago

Can I change my availability at walmart from overnight to days?

Can they fire me im also very new but stuff in my personal life has changed and overnights wont be possible for me now 

I applied as an overnight stock person 

And im still open to whatever day they need just the time i can do a 2 to 10pm shift which they need help for

What makes you think you have the right to choose your hours?  You don't own the business.  If you no longer want to work the hours when they need you, quit.

• Scott

If you applied to work overnights, they don't have to accommodate your change in schedule preference. You were hired to fill a business need.

• Judy

You might get a lot less hours, maybe zero.

You have to take this up with your supervisor for crying out loud. If you were hired strictly for the overnight shift and there are no slots for days, kiss your ******* job goodbye. As a new employee they won't cut you much slack for the bait and switch tactic.

Yes they can replace you if you are unable or unwilling to work the shifts they need covered.