G asked in SportsFootball (American) · 1 month ago

Could Super Bowl 55 be a rematch? 49ers and Chiefs again?

While it can happen it probably won't.I feel the Chiefs stand the best shot of getting back in.Just a personal opinion

No, Tom Brady needs his 7th Superbbowl rings with the Bucs- 

Will there even be a Super Bowl 55? 

I hope so, and I hope that the result is different this time. The real question is whether the pandemic will wipe out the NFL season and/or whether it wipes out a lot of careers, making them die or so permanently damaged physically that they can no longer play. 

• Cu Tie

No, the odds are against it. In the Super Bowl era, which spans over 50 years, there has only been one rematch in consecutive years (Cowboys vs. Bills in Super Bowl XXVII and XXVIII). If I had to pick right now, Super Bowl LV will be between the Ravens and Saints.

It could.  But I wouldn't recommend betting the mortgage.  Repeating in the NFL was hard even before all the salary cap rules that make parity the name of the game.  It's hard to sustain that level of skill and luck.

Unlikely.  It's looking like the season will be canceled due to lack of interest.

• Mier

That is exactly what I was thinking. With the 49ers winning this time. 

Anything can happen. Nick Bosa will continue to have a breakout season.

• Scott

That is possible. But even great football teams can have a bad day. In baseball and in the NBA, they play a series of playoff games. But in football it’s all or nothing.