Which one of the following two sentences is grammatically correct? ?

1) Relations between the two countries are deteriorating.

2) Relations between the two countries is deteriorating.

#1 is correct.

#2 -- you can't say relationS IS.

Subject and verb need to agree. Your subject is plural (relations), so the plural verb to use with it is 'are.'  

Understand that you would replace the noun 'relations'  with the pronoun 'they.'  This is the plural (pronoun), and the correct subject-verb form is 'They are.'  You know that already!   I am sure you'd never say 'They is!'

Anyone capable of writing, "Which of the following two sentences is grammatically correct?" cannot possibly be unsure whether to use "is" or "are" with a plural subject.

There should be agreement between the subject and the verb. The subject is plural so you need a pulral verb. 1 is correct.

1 is correct          

Those are tricky sentences. Both can be correct. In a situation like this, I would use the word, "relationship or relationships" if I am not 100% certain that I am using the correct grammar. 

There should always be adequate coherence between subject and verb in a sentence.

Following the above rule, the first sentence appears correct.

1 is correct. RelationS is plural so the verb is plural too. Are is plural is is singular.

Choice 1) is correct.