How long do you have to have your learners permit in NC before getting your license if you're 21?

Do I have to wait 6 months to get my license, or can I take the drivers test when I'm ready if I'm 21?

• Edna

Why don't you go on the North Carolina DMV website (or phone them) and ASK them that question? 

In almost every state, if you're at least 18 years of age, you don't need a "learner's permit" (or any kind of "permit") in order to apply for and be issued a driver's license. 

In most states, if you're at least 18, all you have to do is go down to a DMV testing office, pay the license application fee, and take and pass the vision exam and the Written Test. That will probably take only a couple of hours, at the most. If you pass those 2 tests, then you make an appointment to take the Road Test  If you pass the Road Test, you'll be issued an unrestricted driver's license. 

• May

You do not have to wait 6 months before getting your license if you are 21 or over.

• Ron

You do not need to hold a permit for any length of time if you are over the age of 18

i would ask the dmv about it

If only there was a N.C. Division of Motor Vehicles  site where you could look that up....