Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetProgramming & Design · 1 month ago

Will my tablet get ruined if I throw it in the wash?

I mean after wrapping it in a shirt or something? That way it won't get scratched.

• Robert
    1 day ago

Sure, just don't use bleach and only iron it if it has wrinkles.

• 1 week ago

Yes, even if you wrap it in a shirt. I recommend wiping it down with a wipe and windex, avoiding any holes or ports.

Before you ask - Laptop operational range 50-95F. Tumble Dryer operational temperature 125-135F

scratches would be the least of your problems water and electronics don't like to mix if you have a bit of dirt on the tablet I'd recommend a soft cloth and a small amount of isopropyl alcohol(rubbing alcohol)

Source(s): common sense

Most likely yes. It would take a miracle to not ruin it. Why do you want to wash it in the washing machine?

Yes. Take the Lithium battery out first.  Should be safer to put in washer.  You might not be able to find all the bits of the tablet after the tumble washing and high spin rinse.  Be sure to safely recycle that ruined tablet after.  Then buy a new one.

Why don't you just put in a tub of water. Silly question

• Shadow

It will get damaged because it's not designed to go in a washing machine and the force of the water will penetrate the seals even if it's IP68 water resistant. If put in the dishwater, the same will happen as well as the heat causing expansion of individual components so if the water doesn't damage it, the heat will.

If you want to clean it, use a wet cloth with screen cleaning liquid or electronics cleaning liquid and then use a brush for the indents, ports and grooves. Do not use sanitiser or anything with alcohol as that will strip any coatings on the tablet such as the oleophobic, anti-glare and anti-fingerprint coatings.

• JOHN B

Dish washer. That way it will sit in 1 place.

Hopefully.