Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOrlando · 4 weeks ago

Going to disney during COVID-19?

I have a disney annual pass and already live in florida, would it be ok to go to the parks when they reopen this month or should I wait a bit more for things to get better? disney is claiming that they are taking every precaution and I would also wear a mask gloves and wash my hands frequently. I want to go but I don’t know if it’s smart to go yet.

thank you everyone for responding. i’ve decided on not going. I’m going to call disney tomorrow and ask if I can get a refund, if I can’t then i’ll just let my annual pass expire. I agree that losing a life is way more important than losing some money. 

Florida is hot 🔥 spot

Given that every day this week, Florida set new and ever higher Covid 19 infection rates, only an utter lunatic would go to any theme parks at this time.

• drip

I would at least give it a couple of weeks.see how things play out first. 

• Robert

I would go, unless you are in your 80s.  It would be a good time to enjoy the parks when they are less crowded. 

• MS

That's entirely up to you.  I myself wouldn't go because I'm personally trying to avoid crowds.  But if you feel safe and you take precautions, then you should consider going.  

I would not wear gloves.  They would only be helpful if you changed them after every single thing you touch.  Just wash your hands frequently and use hand sanitizer when you can't.  The results are the same.

Florida is a poop-show right now with respect to COVID-19.  I wouldn't set foot in Disney or any other theme park in FL right now.  If I was you I'd ask Disney to refund your annual pass or ask them to extend it through 2021.

Source(s): I'm also a FL resident.

You should wait. Florida is a major hotspot right now.

• Cammie

Do what you think is best .