Cellphone charger?

I bought a 18 watt charger because i wanted a faster charger but when i charge my phone it says it will take 37 minutes to charge my phone when its 75 percent charged the same as my 12 watt charger why is my 18watt charger not faster ?

The phone is the limiting factor. 

• Shadow

Your phone needs to support the additional input power. If it only supports a consumption of up to 12 watts it'll only use 12 watts of the 18 watt charger.

Your phone has a current charge limiter to prevent too high current charge to the battery from explosion due to HEAT produces from  non limited high current charge.

Therefore, charge with a higher current rate charger has no effect to the time because the phone only allow a standard  safety current goes through !!!

• Pyrus

Uh, that's not how electricity works. Your cellphone is just going to take as much as it needs from a device that is able to provide it with the necessary power. So, your first device is 12 W and your phone was charging just fine. The 18 W one just states that you are able to provide an amount of power that can reach up to 18 W, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the output is always going to be 18 W. In other words, the adapter is like a merchant that tells you "I can provide you with up to 18 W", and your cell phone replies "Thanks, but 12 W will be enough". and the 18 W adapter will provide it with 12 W of power, and will only reach high rates (up to 18 W) only when necessary (though, considering you're using this for your cellphone, I highly doubt it will ever change). 

• P

Some phones do not support quick charging beyond 12w.   If your phone does support quick charging it may require a specific type of quick charger and in some cases a special quick charging cable as well.  If you plug your phone into an unsupported charger\cable it will revert to 12w at the most.

• Jim

Sometimes the charger cord slows things down. A brand new cord may help.