Anonymous

What degree(s) did you decide to do and why?

Favorite Answer

none ,, I had been working since I was 12 years of age to feed my self, I could never afford to spend time in more school... just graduating form high school was a chore but 

I did that and then realized it was mostly a waste of time 

I worked up to being a electronics technician as well financial management expert --- I ran my successful business for 40 years to retire well off. 

Over the years hiring people with degrees was a mistake they had no skills but high expectations -- I would suggest a engineering degree with accounting minor -- NO business major no MBA -- these degrees are a dime a dozen and most have less than a good understanding of real world business 

no marketing degrees, no graphic art degrees , no political degrees no human studies no art no music 

the biggest problem I see is most people have no idea how to manage money

hints

it is not how much you make, but how you spend it.,.. or better said what you do not spend and save to invest 

never ever go into debt for any reason except to buy a home to live in and then the purchase price is critical not to be more than 15 year loan

NO STUDENT LOANS .. none 

schools teachers moms grandma all mislead you and the jobs they tell you about seldom are near as good as they say .. I did not say lie to you out of kindness 

anything that looks glamorous or is popular is a bad choice

COMPUTERS work of any kind is a terrible career area but moms and grandmas love to say this a great area -- they have no clue

things that people would never ever say to do, like sewer treatment plant ,, will be a good choice low competition and high pay 

remember for every queen bee in the hive there are 6000 workers ... chance of you getting a CEO job is slim 

most people never are huge successes, but do well at daily jobs ... UPS is a great job 

I didn't do a degree.

Source(s): Did you finish your education or did it finish you?

Bachelors in political science and psychology, with various related minors and a certificate.

Masters in healthcare administration.

I like the public policy and medical fields, and that combination allows me to make substantial policy-driven changes from within the medical field to fix some of the main issues that people always complain about. 

Doctors are too focused on their patients to see larger scale issues in the medical community, and policy analysts are too far removed from the day to day workings of a hospital to really understand the practical application of most of the policies they write. I'm in a nice middle-point where I can see and work on both sides.

Become a teacher because I was surrounded by them growing up and they gave me so much support system.

• Damien

well i decided to do electrical engineering, and they screwed me by claiming "you have to get the entire question right or else u get a zero cause the code wont work if there's a single error in it , and in the real world u cant go back and change it", which is a complete lie cause that's what software people are doing all day at work, experimenting with code,CHANGING IT, and trying to make it work. SO Because of this rule, i couldn't pass 3 courses and decided to drop out, the went and did a business degree, cause my thinking is if you're gonna be unfair on purpose, sacrew u, should put in your engineering admission requirements, ONLY A+ and academically perfect students allowed, my GPA was at a 1.2 out of 4 by the time i dropped out of engineering in 4th semester mostly cause i was so mad i forgot to drop out of courses by the drop deadline before it was counted in my gpa. But then i took business degree and made my gpa go from 1.2 to 3.4, i took business which most call a "useless degree" but it was the only way to get my GPA out of the grave, not saying business was easy, those economic, accounting, statistics courses were a pain in the a-s, some of the engineering courses weren't that bad and quite interesting too but the rules and regulations were just too unfair, i got business degree and did logistics certification to get a decent job.

BS in Biology and a BS chemistry(both before the age of 17). I thought about becoming a doctor.

AD in Fire Science and BS in Fire Management to get promoted in the FDNY.

• Scott

As an undergraduate, I started with criminal justice. But then I added a degree in political science and sociology because the requirements for all three degrees we are highly interrelated.