Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsDiabetes · 1 month ago

Is it wrong to blame your mom ?

For bringing upon your diabetes? By victim blaming her and saying stuff like ‘it’s your fault that I was born with diabetes’ 

depends if you born with it or it resulted in the diet you were raised as.

Yes. it IS wrong. IF you were born WITH diabetes, which I seriously doubt if that really happens, it IS NOT HER fault if she developed gestational diabetes. Type 1 diabetes is an auto immune disease usually triggered by an acute infection with high fevers over 102° F over several days that can happen at ANY age. Influenza, chicken pox , pneumonia, roseola ( a strep infection) and very likely rubella, red measles. mumps and tetanus are all trigger diseases for type 1 diabetes. The immune system over reacts and destroys the insulin producing beta cells in the pancreas. THAT IS NOT ANYONE'S FAULT. I was NOT born with type 1 diabetes. My mother diagnosed my type 1 diabetes before my pediatrician confirmed it. 

Makes as much sense blaming Adam & Eve for you having diabetes. 

• Marc

Yes is wrong unless she forced a bad lifestyle upon you on purpose

Once you reach the maturity of a 12 year old AND learned something about diabetes, you'll understand how ridiculously silly your question sounds.