Any good laptops under 200?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

200? what do you mean?

• John
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

well it depends what you mean good. if you want a basic laptop usable mainly for streaming video, surfing the web, an office suite( i recommend a free office suite,not microsoft office), and other basic functions you can. but it also depends on what size screen you want.  i personally like the 11 and 13 inch laptops.much longer battery life among other advantages.  if you want a larger screen or a laptop capable of more demanding tasks  for under 200 i would buy from a site that offers a warranty for its refurbished products. such as lenovo outlet.  but i would not buy refurbished.  reply to me if you need more help. 

• 4 weeks ago

HP Chromebook 11-v031nr - because of its zippy performance and comfortable keyboard. None of the portable laptops profiled in this guide were very fast. 

• 4 weeks ago

200 what? dollars? rupees? quid? pesos?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Be mindful for under $200 you will get something slower than most smartphones just doing basic things like browsing the internet.  If that is "good" enough for you then so be it.  Otherwise Chromebooks while limited with the available applications will be at least OK at browsing the internet and using google apps if that is all you require.  However I don't suggest a windows machine that cheap as it will likely just be a waste of your money, since you won't be very happy with it.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Depends on what you mean by good. I bought a new Dell Windows laptop for $100 couple years ago and it seemed decent then Windows updated and it would no longer work cause it only had 32GB storage and kept running out of space. They upgraded to 64GB now for similar price but I wouldn't buy anything less than 500GB.

• 4 weeks ago

Consider buying a used business machine. A ThinkPad T450 for example came out five years ago, but still has a fairly modern mobile Broadwell i5 CPU.

• Brian
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No                                                        ..

• 4 weeks ago

Depends on what you consider "good". It is not likely you'll find even a half-decent, new Windows laptop new for that price. You would be looking at those HP Stream laptops which are pure garbage. A Chromebook may be a good choice if you just need something for web browsing and/or Google apps.

If you're willing to buy a used and older laptop, consider checking eBay. There are plenty of older laptops that will work much better than a new, cheap Windows laptop. Just make sure you buy from a reputable seller.

If I only had $200 to spend on a computer, I would definitely look into a used laptop from eBay.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

You might be able to buy a refurbished laptop on Amazon for that amount of money. But it isn’t going to be a great laptop. You need to spend at least $700 to get a decent new laptop.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.