Am I too old to be dancing in my room?

I’m a 32 year old female and for the past 22 years, when I have free time and just want a release from life, I dance in my room with my music on.

Even though I’m currently single, unmarried and childless with few responsibilities, is this OK? Of course, I do have responsibilities and never neglect anyone/ anything. Just wondering if I’m too old for it? I did decrease dancing a lot since I was 25. I just feel kinda bad for it.

• Marli
    Favorite Answer

Dance is therapeutic. It limbers your muscles and joints. It releases positive endorphins and you feel happy and ready to take on your tasks and responsibilities.

Old women dance. You are only 32, with a room of your own and no one  to snicker at you. 

Dance! 

Dancing is a healthy and fun way to relieve stress.  I think the fact that you are dancing alone in your room is quite normal and the very fact you are self conscious about it proves you are not loco.  If you were to put on music and go dancing down the sidewalk by yourself, that would be weird.  Enjoy!  

It is actually great that you are doing that! Dance is very healthy and will help you stay fit. It doesn't matter how old you are, as long as you enjoy it.

Why are you 32, and asking if you are too old to dance in your room? Why would you be too old, and aren't you old enough to know, you can dance in your room, if you want to dance in your room? What is the purpose of the question. Thanks!

I would say that you have more to worry about feeling 'kinda bad for it'..

What you're doing is fine and nothing to worry about however,  you sound rather negative in worrying about it. 

• Guber

Are you kidding?  You're never too old to dance, as long as you can do it.

Are you familiar with the Aesop's Fable about the grasshopper and the ant? I ask this because you say you are already 32 years old.

• marty

Never to old to do what you enjoy. It's even a good way to stay in shape as another form of exercise.  Do what makes you happy and don't worry what others think.

• GA41

I admire the spirit of joy which compels you to dance at any age!  Of course its o.k.  --"and when you get the chance to sit it out or dance - I hope you dance"    "Let them praise His name with the dance (Psalm 149)