Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Would you say it is mature to be friends with your Ex girlfriend or boyfriend?

I’m friends with my Ex. We don’t hate each other. We just see life differently.

But the respect is always there.

you'd only be asking for trouble if you're with someone else and be doing that.

No because to me it's stupid. Unless they have kids together there's no point. You can't pretend you didn't sleep with them or pretend you never saw them as more than a friend because you did. I think that's just something that's not right because it's weird.

If there isn’t a child or business dealings involved I don’t see a reason to stay friends with an ex.

I guess it's about as mature as this Q, or should I say the statement as this statement has no value to anyone other than you. 

Yes. If you can remain that way as friends and nothing else. 

• Raja

There is nothing wrong to be friends with ones ex gf or bf .Only mature individuals who understand what really love is could do so .There is nothing to say they should hate each other.

I’m friends with my ex, I see nothing wrong with it. If there’s no romantic feelings, it’s just friendship 

• Jesere

I have been friends with my ex husband for 10 years now,   

I’ve always found it weird that people would want to stay friends with an ex boyfriend or girlfriend because obviously the relationship ended for some reason. And usually those reasons aren’t positive.

yes, i dont see anything wrong with that