Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

Is it irritating when someone quotes the King James Bible ?

Favorite Answer

I doth thinkest so.

To you maybe. Maybe you’d rather hear a quote from mark Zuckerberg or Jeff beZos

And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.

• sam

For me it depends on the context. 

If the quote is situationally appropriate, then I'm totally fine with someone quoting the Bible (or any other religious text). Say someone is feeling upset and another person has a reassuring bible quote, I wouldn't be annoyed at that. 

However, if someone just randomly inserts Bible quotes into conversations with no context, that's when it gets annoying. 

It stops being "Hey I believe this, this is special to me, I'd like to share it with you" and becomes "HEY EVERYBODY I AM A RELIGIOUS PERSON OK???"