Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 month ago

Does it sound right that a Verizon wireless sales person makes 79,000 a year?

I was chatting with my boyfriend who works at Verizon Wireless, we live in NH.

His ex girlfriend worked there as well and that's where they met.

He said that in 2018 she made $79,000 for the year working 4-5 days a week selling phones at Verizon because she was a good salesperson.

He said he made $63,000. He still works there now and he said his manager makes $95,000 a year and they were all talking about it at lunch last week. My mind is blown, I work full time as a Registered Nurse and I only make 40k a year.

I told him that must be an exaggeration and he said he saw his ex girlfriends tax return. That seems like so much money for working at Verizon selling cell phones and phone plans. Not meant to be degrading but I know some engineers that are barely making 70k let alone 79k

She only worked there for a year and a half and was 24. No college degree at the time. Entry level.

No   they just say that to intIse you to work for them . There is no garentee  what you will make when you work in sales . Unless you have to meet a quota if not you get fired 

Sounds like they are on commission. 

Life ain't fair. Obviously, people who are good at sales can do well. One enterprise I have heard of that is surprisingly profitable, is installing central vacuum systems in new homes. 

Use your time well, start early, plan your installs well, and so on, and one person can do three installs a day at about $500 each. 

The point is; it isn't always obvious what pays well. 

i do not believe that either, even if she and he works for provision still sounds too much

I am very surprised.  The commission must be great and they must be selling phones like people contracting the virus.

The average salary for a Verizon Wireless sales rep is about $54000.

The median is closer to $35K

The lowest is around $21K

The highest is around $87.

Ignoring the phone cost, sign up 4 people per day 250 days per year on an $80 phone plan = $80,000 cash flow for verizon. with a two year commitment, that's $160,000.  Of course there's no guarantee people will sign and I'm guessing she would have to sign more than 4 people per day to get $80k.