Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesToyota · 1 month ago

Could you drive a Toyota Camry off road?

Could you theoretically do it? Would it do well?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

You can drive any car 'off road'.

The real question is - will you be able to drive it back to the road?  Clearance is the biggest issue - that, and tires.

A friend of mine once welded an 80's Toyota Celica body to the frame of a Toyota 4-Runner and built a pretty brutal off-road machine out of it.

• 4 weeks ago

I bought a 1997 Camry for a really low price because the previous owner thought it would make a good offroad vehicle. The previous owner decided to get a Subaru because the Camry doesn't do too well when it's driven offroad.

• F
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

You can drive anything off road. How far you get and what damage you do, is another matter.

• Jensen
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Theoretically, there is no problem with bringing Toyota Camry deep in the woods for off-roading, still, the chances are that it will stay there forever.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Go ahead, one less Toyota on the road, the better.

• 1 month ago

Yes you could but it would probably destroy it in short order.  They are not meant to be driven off road.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes you can.  Can you come back from off roading?  Not likely.

• Anton
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Could I?  No Problem!   I had a dead stock '72 Pinto that I took up the "jeep road" up (afair) Alamo Mountain, just north of L.A..  You have to KNOW your vehicle, so you can drive on high parts.

Got the strangest looks from the dirt bikers that passed me.

But "would it do well?"  No.  At least 90% of other drivers would get stuck in a hole.

• 1 month ago

What kind of off roading? Some mild dirt roads would be okay, anything more and you'll have ground clearance issues. You'll have scrap age on just about anything.

• 1 month ago

Even if you could get the ground clearance needed for off road driving the work to make it four wheel drive would be so extensive that you would have a custom car with a Camry shell.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.