Sewing machine?

Where to get a sewing machine? Im beginning to sew again but it seems sewing machines are all sold out, I was really set on Brother CS6000i. Amazon and similar sites still that them but are selling for double or triple the price. Ive been recommended apps to resell things but people are again asking double the price thats on the Brother website for a USED machine. 

Might help to know what part of the world you're buying in. Costco here in Canada seems to still have some, though only Janome when they used to also have Brother. Have you tried local sewing machine stores? I mean, there isn't any secret online place to buy sewing machines, and if sellers are asking higher prices because of current demand, then you pay what they're asking or go without. Walmart sells them. Some fabric stores sell them. Some quilting supply stores sell them.

Do you absolutely need a fancy machine, at least right now?  If you can't find what you want, you might consider buying a used basic machine to hold you over until the shortage passes.....and just like the toilet paper crisis, it will pass.

I personally own 4 machines, and only one of them does anything beyond a straight stitch. I'm a guy and most of my sewing is utility stuff....guitar amp covers, face masks, etc.  Basically I'm a woodworker, and I think of cloth as flexible wood and the sewing machine as another power tool. The most complex thing I've made is a western shirt, and that was using my 1941 Singer model 66 which just has forward and reverse. Anyway, my point is that you may be able to pick up a very usable machine for next to nothing and do more than you think. My local craigslist is showing dozens of sewing machines right now, some as cheap as $50 

FWIW, I got my 1941 singer out of a dumpster and it just needed some lubrication. My 1922 Singer came from my mother, my 1950's Old Home (with attachments) cost $15 at an antique/junk shop, and my Kenmore model 385 was given to me. 

Have you checked eBay? They used to have a lot of older straight stitch machines. 

• elhigh

I was at JoAnn Fabrics over the weekend; they still have some machines on display and a few more on the shelves.  Walmart had a few but they were somewhat more specialized, overlock machines that rarely sell except to people who really are sewing garments, not just little projects.

I see the Brother machine you indicated is pretty fancy-schmancy, and a good choice for quilting.  If you're dead-set on that you may just have to put your name on a list somewhere and wait for the exact machine you're looking for to become available.

It kinda stinks that you want to get back into sewing just when everyone and their cousin are buying machines to sew homemade masks, but that's the way it is.